The cushion cut diamond continues to grow in popularity, thanks to its elegant design and the relatively low cost if you compare it to the round cut diamond rings. If you're planning to purchase a cushion cut diamond, read on to learn more.
What Are Cushion Cut Diamonds?A cushion cut diamond combines the more modern and round brilliant cut diamond and the old mine facet pattern, producing a soft square or rectangular shape with curved edges. It derives the "cushion" name from its curved edges, which give it the appearance of a pillow.
The Pros And Cons Of Cushion Cut DiamondsLike any other diamond shape and style, the cushion cut has its fair share of advantages and disadvantages. Find out below if it's the right choice for you.
- It boasts a high level of brilliance, reflecting both white and colored lights.
- Quite durable because of its rounded edges
- Less expensive compared to the round cut diamonds
- Its popularity continues to grow.
- It has an elegant combination of classic fashion and modern flair.
- It features a unique shape suitable for personalized engagement rings.
- Some of its terminology can be confusing. For example, classic cushion, chunky cushion, and modified cushion.
- Its open table exposes imperfections easily.