5 reasons to purchase your engagement ring in-store vs. online
Over the last several years, one of the most frequently asked questions we've heard is: "Can't I find the same ring online for cheaper?" The answer? Yes and no. Although purchasing a diamond online does seem practical if you are worried about finances, there are a few important things to consider before you spend your hard earned money. Buying in-store has several advantages that many first time diamond buyers seem to forget.
- You get exactly what you want: Just like every online shopping experience, you might not get exactly what you thought you would. For example, when shopping for a diamond online, you may notice several diamonds with the exact same GIA report. However, a GIA report doesn't paint the full picture of what you're getting and shouldn't be the only measure of your diamond's quality. The most important factor is how the diamond looks, something we refer to as visual beauty. At Mervis, Zed Mervis personally examines every diamond we sell to make sure it is visually beautiful and its sparkle factor meets our standards. Two diamonds may have the same exact GIA report, but one might be much more visually beautiful and sparkle much brighter. When buying online, you can't compare sparkle!
- Feel comfortable: At Mervis, we believe that pressure is how diamonds are formed and NOT how they should be sold. When shopping for a ring in-store, you can get a sense of comfortableness, rather than the overshadowing doubt of buying online. And, we'll never pressure you to buy right away. We're more concerned with equipping you with useful information to help you make an educated choice. We want you to be thrilled with the decision you make, whenever you decide to make it!
- All questions are answered: If this is the first time you are buying an engagement ring, you are going to have questions. Luckily, we have all the answers! By having some of the best diamond consultants, as well as our wide selection of video tutorials, we are always here to help and answer any questions you may have.
- You can see the diamond you are purchasing: Every diamond consultant worth their salt will tell you the same thing: you must see the diamond in-person to make a decision! We touched on this in reason one, but it bears repeating. Not all diamonds are created equal and you shouldn't make your choice based on a GIA report alone.At Mervis, all of our diamonds are set to be loose, so you can pick which shape and size is right for you before moving on to selecting the setting. This allows you to personally inspect your diamond, which our consultants recommend you do.
- Make an important decision feel "right": Let's face it. This may be one of the most important decisions in your life and you want to feel good about your choice. And at the end of the day, your significant other will appreciate that you took the time and effort to go through the engagement ring shopping experience to find the perfect ring. We'll work with you and your budget to help you find a ring that exceeds your expectations!